Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oh my God!! It rains again!!!

I have always wondered if i like the rain or do i dislike it. I have never been able to decide. It always depends where i am and whether i "want" to get drenched and most importantly the intensity of rain.
I know I know way too many conditions to decide if i can like rain or not!! But cant help it :)
Today as i see the whole weather so gloomy and cloudy i'm reminded of the innumerous times when i have got drenched when i used 2 return home in my last company.
How ridiculously optimistic i used to be when i used to set out all geared up with my raincoat and my poor scooty to attack the never-seeeming-to-end rain!!
I used to always assume it would stop raining. But as ever it used to stop only when my scooty would land me home :( :(
The only thing missing in my attire was a wiper to my spectacles :) :) How awesome would it look!! loool
Now, i will tell u why i like the rain and why i dont.
When i see the rain sitting indoors, i find it very amusing and interesting, emotional etc.. a gust of emotions would engulf me. I am all excited to get drenched in the rain.
Then i set out all courageously into the rain, with my scooty or without it...
Let's first take my scooty thing...
I m all so excited that i wud get drenched and it would be fun.
What starts as a drizzle all of a sudden is a thunderstorm only to end when i would get off my scooty :( :(
All through it's soooo cold i m shivering and i hate rains then!!
i can hardly grip my handlebar...forget enjoying the rain...
and i wanna listen 2 music...and i m paranoid the rain would screw up my mob/ipod :(

to top it all, i jus don understand y does all the gutter water gets attracted only 2 me when i m riding :(....every car/auto/bus name anything else manage to trouble me...even a cyclewala manages to splash water on me...x-(
and the probability of the water ending on me is highest if i m wearing a light coloured dress :(
soo finally no music, and it's brrrrrrr cold....and the dirty muddy clumsy water and the all drenched dogs...who are sooo amused 2 c me ride....gosh!!!!!!

ok now when i'm nt on my dearest scooty but i m on foot, god save me then!
i don understand how this works....but everytime i m farthest from my home, somehow the raingods are very amused.x-(
and guess what happens next...
most occassions, no umbrella...
taking shelter in sum shop....wondering which auto guy comes around...
and when its drizzling...i venture out as though on a war...asking every other auto guy if he is ready to drop by to my area...
the reactions are the most entertaining to all viewers...the auto drivers look at us like we'r from sum other planet...and the worst of all...no reaction at all....they jus turn away as though i spoke in Greek!!!
Goodness save me...
Time is running out...and no bugger seems to be ready to even understand which area i'm talking about!! :(
Then comes the saviour...prayer...pray hard...to alll possible gods...that u reach home in time...else mom will fry u alive :P
and for that to happen we need an auto...so pray hard for that...
somehow miraculously sum fellow nods his head and turns the meter upside down!! phew!!!!!!!!
muddy streets...gawking people...no autos...need a better reason to hate rains!! :(
and add sum  1 1/2 for the auto guy who demands it as it would be his birth rite by saying "male madam...yaru bartare ashtu doora" ok agreed boss!! move it!!
u wud pay him 3 1/2 instead in that moment ;)

anyway so my conclusion is...
i love rains when i m indoors and none of the above is happening :)
hate it when i m in any of the above situations :(

lemme knw ur views on rains...if u like or hate it...
keep u posted :)

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha. Nice post packed with humor :)

    Well, you have not considered the plight of those like me who long for rains in a city that never rains. It's been ages since I last smelt the moist mud, and it's one of the many things I have started missing in life. :(

    As they say, what's coal for one is gold for another!

    Vikram

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha vicky...
    i wud rather stay thr...wear all my white pants and happily roam...than this muddy roads :( :(
    the weather seems sooo gloomy :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post Shreya.. It was very entertaining :)

    Remembered a lot of things reading your post :)

    Keep posting more..

    ReplyDelete