Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blissfully Alone

As i fly across the serene blue sky,
I feel the wind blowing hard on my face,
I feel hollow and light from within.
My heart soars and my wings lift up.

Though i sail alone, i feel blessed;
The wind roars, i feel i'm in heaven;
I roam wildly assuming there's no end.
Little did i know then, things are bound to end.

Before i realized i was in the heart of a storm.
I knew i was falling into danger.
I desperately tried to fly away from it,
I tried hard to protect myself;
How do i fight nature,
How do i fight the all-encompassing, all-knowing God.

In the endless rain, i sailed on,
I thought nothing about my destination;
I didnt know where I was headed,
I closed my eyes, trusted my heart and flew with the rain.

Strangely my heart seemed to know the route to safety,
I opened my eyes, and saw the most spectacular rainbow,
I felt blessed to be alive to see it,
As drops of rain still drip from my feathers,
I knew i had conquered something greater than death.

I had conquered a part of myself,
My happiness knew no bounds.
Today i was a free bird, free to be myself,
I let go off all bondage, i felt lighter than ever
My heart tells me, everything is bound to change..
If heaven be on Earth, it did be here and now.







4 comments:

  1. Never knew you had a flair for poetry! All these days, you have been successful in hiding this talent from us. One read of the poem makes it clear that only a pro can pen this poem. I am not just referring to the rhyming words, but also about how you've skillfully played with various emotions. You go from being ecstatic and desirous to turning depressed to finally being satisfied with what you have.

    You should continue to treat those untalented souls like me with more poetry. I look forward to keeping track of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thatz an honour vicky..thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coool.... Somehow I never want to be accept bliss when alone!! And tht messes up things most times :(
    BTW nice verses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah..it used to be the case with me too...but somehow of late started enjoying my 'alone-time' :)
    Thanks anyway :)

    ReplyDelete