Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Ramblings of growing up

When I see that tiny fist
I wonder what treasure you hold inside
Do you hold the key to the world's happiness in there?

When you squeak in excitement
It makes me realize
How easy it is to be happy

We lose ourselves in the noise of this world
Forgetting that it just takes a smile to be happy
We forget that small things in life can bring us pure bliss

What you teach me my son each day
Makes me humble with each passing moment
Life feels like a blessing watching you
The pressure of raising a baby feels more than worth it when I see that smile of yours

That glint in your eyes
Tells me there's an ocean of things you want to tell me
That pout of yours... The squeaks..
The undivided attention you give me
That proud moment for a mother when you soothe in my arms
Nothing can compare to the ecstasy I feel being with you

You make me realize
That each day is a blessing gifted to us
Each moment spent on the worldly miseries
Is a moment lost
Treasure it while it lasts
With you growing up so fast..
It makes me feel you will be all grown up before I even realize

I just want to hold you tight my precious
May you spread more joy
And let that smile of yours never vanish
Love you loads!!

--yours mommy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment